Monday, August 27, 2007

1st Day of Class

I spent my first night in the city last night (I was staying in Jorge's village) which as exciting. However, the hot water heater seems to be on the fritz :(. My first day of class was today and it went well. There are mostly women in the class, which surprised me for some reason. I am excited to be functioning in a non-tourist way in a foreign country. However, the language is a bit challenging but I am holding my own. I hung out with some of Jorge's friends and was able to joke around a bit. Of course, my Spanish skills will improve (and already are).

1 comment:

Ame Howard said...

I was only spending 15-20 hours a week speaking with a toddler, and my skills definitely improved. I found that just being around her, I kept pace (and luckily a bit ahead) of her language skills without much study-work at all. You'll be fluent in 6months!